Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Terrific Town Trip

 The amazing town trip


Introduction yesterday the 20th of may we went on a town trip. 

First we all got on the buses and went to the Margaret mahy playground. The reason we went for a town trip is because we needed to learn more about Otautahi, our wonderful land.


My favourite part of the trip was going to Margaret Mahy and on the waka because I learned so much more than I already knew about the Margaret Mahy playground.


Something I learnt was that Victoria square used to be called market square, The first settlers used to catch tuna and cook them to eat, The first settlers came to Aotearoa in waka’s and the Margaret mahy playground had tiles that had messages and pictures on them.


The thing I found the most interesting was that tuna love cat food and the first settlers that came to new zealand came in wakas


This trip has helped me with my PBL because we learned more about our turangawaewae and we can use this for our PBL.


Have you been on the waka of avon?

Have you been to Margaret mahy?


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Payton
    It looks like you have learnt a lot about our city that we come from. It reminded me of feeding the tuna, I got a bit scared. Next time you could tell me what the playground tiles were of. I did go on the river Avon in a waka. I have also been to Margret Mahy multiple times.
    What was your favourite part of the trip?
    - Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mia, My favorite part was going on the Waka of Avon and thank you for the advice
      -Payton

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post